Fellowship-trained Urogynecologists

It is important for the general public and patients, in particular, to understand the distinction between health-care providers who refer to themselves as “urogynecologists”.

Fellowship-trained urogynecologists undergo several years of training after they have completed their general OB/GYN or Urology residencies. Even though many general OB/GYN physicians and urologists indicate that they provide urogynecologic care, they may not have experienced the additional years of training to which fellowship-trained subspecialty urogynecologists have devoted themselves.

It might be advisable for you to inquire if the provider that you intend to see is fellowship-trained specifically in Urogynecology.

At the Women’s Continence Center, the urogynecologists that you will encounter are ONLY fellowship-trained.